Lane 44 Pro Tips
Safety razors are one of the most eco-friendly and easiest swaps you can make to help reduce your plastic consumption and help save the planet. ❤
So, lets get down to business! No need to be intimidated, it might look scary to begin with but, used correctly a safety razor is much kinder to sensitive skin. This is because it glides over the surface of the skin and does not dig in and tug at the hair follicle like a 3 or 5 blade razor does.
Follow our simple guide below for perfectly smooth, razor burn free skin!
- It’s getting hot in here! Start by having a nice and relaxing warm bath or shower. This will help by opening the pores that house the hair follicles giving you a much more comfortable shave.
- Scrub-a-dub-dub. Exfoliating the areas you will be shaving is the most important step for a number of reasons – it removes dead skin cells sitting on the surface of the skin and promotes blood flow to the hair follicle. This will help combat razor rash which can be caused by dead skin cells being pushed back into the pores – causing painful blockages and red bumpy skin.
- That was a … close shave! Now your skin is all prepared, it’s time to shave. Lather up well with an alcohol-free shaving cream or oil and make sure the whole area is well lubricated to help the shaving process. Holding at a 30-40° angle, let the razor glide over your skin. It’s important to let the weight of the razor do all the hard work – you don’t need to apply any pressure at all. Take short, gentle strokes going against the grain of hair growth for the smoothest & closest shave. If however you do experience any irritation, try shaving with the grain.
- Let’s get intimate. Safety razors are completely suitable for the bikini zone, just take your time. Pulling the skin taught and shaving with the direction of hair growth will help keep this delicate area razor burn free! Squatting can also help tighten up your skin – but as always, take care.
- Aloe me to explain. Leave your skin to rest for 20 mins before applying any lotions or potions as this will help to avoid inflammation and irritation. If you are in a hurry and need to quickly apply moisturizer, we recommend using one that is alcohol-free and contains natural ingredients. Aloe vera is a hero when is comes to keeping freshly shaved skin happy and healthy.
- Take care of me! Finally, a note on razor care. Always keep your Lane 44 razor dry and in the upright position when storing to increase the longevity of your blades. You might like to try our specially designed razor stand available here.
Replace blades after every 3-5 shaves depending on how many areas you have removed hair from and if you ever feel like your razor is tugging or pulling it’s time to change your blade!
Need to purchase more? Find them here.
If you have any other questions or queries contact us straight away, we are more than happy to help!
Lots of love, the team at Lane 44 ♥